Monday, August 22, 2011

IM HAPPY

IM HAPPY.  There's really no other way to explain how i feel these days.  I just realized i havent posted in a month, my bad.  So i started my student teaching semester on July 25th.  I am now in my 4th week of student teaching with the kids.  I LOVE IT!  I immediately built a great rapport with my students and i adore them already.  I have been doing really well in the program, and last week was AMAZING.  I was helping a classmate revise his lesson plan and i said "Its better to have 3 or 4 pages with a crap load of annotations than a page or 2 and not know what to say when ur in front of the students".  Little did i know my teacher was eves dropping and he responded with "mike, if i could take what you said just now and put it on a a banner, because that is absolutely true".  This may not sound like a big deal, but it is.  Im setting an example and setting a standard.  The next day i get to school and the principal informed me that i am student teacher of the month.  I deff didnt anticipate that, i dont feel like i was going above and beyond nor was i actually TRYING to get it.  I was simply being myself and being the teacher i know how to be.  It was such an amazing feeling.  He congratulated me and told me to keep up the good work; im glad the principal is seeing my potential and is praising me on my good work.  AN EVEN MORE AMAZING FEELING: Friday when i got to school after missing thursday (we have classes on thursday, so theres no student teaching) one of my 5th graders asked me where i was, i informed him i was in class all day yesterday, and with a sad face he says "well we missed you mr. bombela so please dont be absent again"....later that day after teaching my 5th graders a lesson i asked a student if she enjoyed the lesson and if she understood everything.  she responded with "yes i did, it was fun because you taught today...you always make it fun mr. bombela"

This isnt to brag at all.  Its simply me expressing that i cannot be happier with my career choice.  I am doing very well in my student teaching and it has put me in such a happy place.  The students give me energy at the end of the day when all i wanna do is lay down and sleep.

I ALMOST FORGOT.  I am also one of the football coaches for our middle school football team.  we are a small team, but my boys work their butts off.  Being a coach has really helped me build my rapport with the students and to get my name out their letting my principal know i am dedicated to my students and my career.

This blog may not be very exciting to the readers, i have nothing negative to say.  IM HAPPY!!!

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    so glad to hear of all of the amazing stuff man. it was a long time coming but if anyone deserves it, it's you.

    ReplyDelete